This qualification reflects the role of frontline retail team members who use a defined and limited range of operational skills to undertake workplace activities. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision of others.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of retail settings including specialty retailers, supermarkets, department stores and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as frontline team member, customer service assistant and point-of-sale operator.
- Engage the customer (SIRXCEG001)
- Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes (SIRXCOM001)
- Work effectively in a service environment (SIRXIND001)
- Organise personal work requirements (SIRXIND003)
- Advise on products and services (SIRXPDK001)
- Identify and respond to security risks (SIRXRSK001)
- Contribute to workplace health and safety (SIRXWHS002)
We will work with you to determine the right elective units to undertake based on your intended career direction and so that you meet the necessary criteria for graduating.