This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have the primary responsibility of engaging the customer, maintaining daily store operations and delivering on organisational expectations. They have sound knowledge of product and service offerings. These individuals possess a range of well-developed skills where discretion and judgement is required. They work with some independence under limited supervision. Some individuals working at this level are responsible for supervising other team members and monitoring day-to-day workplace operations.
The qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of retail settings including specialty retailers, supermarkets, department stores and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as frontline sales assistant, customer service representative, shop assistant, retail supervisor, team leader and senior sales assistant.
- Engage the customer (SIRXCEG001)
- Assist with customer difficulties (SIRXCEG002)
- Build customer relationships and loyalty (SIRXCEG003)
- Work effectively in a team (SIRXCOM002)
- Work effectively in a service environment (SIRXIND001)
- Identify and respond to security risks (SIRXRSK001)
- Sell to the retail customer (SIRXSLS001)
- Contribute to workplace health and safety (SIRXWHS002)
We will work with you to determine the right elective units to undertake based on your intended career direction and so that you meet the necessary criteria for graduating.