This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a defined and limited range of hospitality operational skills and basic industry knowledge. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision.
This qualification is suitable for people working in a food and beverage role in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
- Use hospitality skills effectively (SITHIND003)
- Interact with customers (SITXCCS003)
- Work effectively with others (BSBWOR203)
- Source and use information on the hospitality industry (SITHIND002)
- Show social and cultural sensitivity (SITXCOM002)
- Participate in safe work practices (SITXWHS001)
- Use hygienic practice for hospitality service (SITHIND001)
- Communicate in the workplace (BSBCMM201)
- Use hygienic practices for food safety (SITXFSA001)
- Sell to the retail customer (SIRXSLS001)
- Provide service to customers (SITXCCS006)
- Serve food and beverage (SITHFAB007)