This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
- Work effectively with others (BSBWOR203)
- Communicate in the workplace (BSBCMM201)
- Show social and cultural sensitivity (SITXCOM002)
- Work effectively in hospitality service (SITHIND004)
- Use hygienic practice for hospitality service (SITHIND001)
- Use hygienic practices for food safety (SITXFSA001)
- Provide service to customers (SITXCCS006)
- Serve food and beverage (SITHFAB007)
- Advise on products and services (SIRXPDK001)
- Sell to the retail customer (SIRXSLS001)
- Prepare & serve non-alcoholic beverage (SITHFAB004)
- Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (SITXWHS002)
- Participate in safe work practices (SITXWHS001)
- Coach others in job skills (SITXHRM001)
- Source and use information on the hospitality industry (SITHIND002)
We will work with you to determine the right elective units to undertake based on your intended career direction and so that you meet the necessary criteria for graduating.