This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills combined with supervisory skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage, and gaming.
- Work effectively in hospitality service (SITHIND004)
- Serve food and beverage (SITHFAB007)
- Enhance customer service experiences (SITXCCS007)
- Use hygienic practices for hospitality service (SITHIND001)
- Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages (SITHFAB004)
- Prepare and serve espresso coffee (SITHFAB005)
- Use hygienic practices for food safety (SITXFSA001)
- Process financial transactions (SITXFIN001)
- Participate in safe food handling practices (SITXFSA002)
- Maintain the quality of perishable items (SITXINV002)
- Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks (SITXWHS002)
- Source and use information on the hospitality industry (SITHIND002)
- Develop work priorities (BSBWOR404)
- Coach others in job skills (SITXHRM001)
- Manage conflict (SITXCOM005)
- Manage finances within a budget (SITXFIN003)
- Manage diversity in the workplace (BSBDIV501)
- Lead and manage people (SITXHRM003)
- Monitor work operations (SITXMGT001)
- Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (SITXWHS003)
- Contribute to team effectiveness (BSBFLM312)
We will work with you to determine the right elective units to undertake based on your intended career direction and so that you meet the necessary criteria for graduating.