This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
- Manage diversity in the workplace (BSBDIV501)
- Manage operational plan (BSBMGT517)
- Enhance customer service experiences (SITXCCS007)
- Develop and manage quality customer service practices (SITXCCS008)
- Manage conflict (SITXCOM005)
- Manage finances within a budget (SITXFIN003)
- Prepare and monitor budgets (SITXFIN004)
- Research and comply with regulatory requirements (SITXGLC001)
- Roster staff (SITXHRM002)
- Lead and manage people (SITXHRM003)
- Monitor work operations (SITXMGT001)
- Establish and conduct business relationships (SITXMGT002)
- Implement and monitor work health and safety practices (SITXWHS003)
We will work with you to determine the right elective units to undertake based on your intended career direction and so that you meet the necessary criteria for graduating.