This qualification reflects the role of frontline retail team members who use a defined and limited range of operational skills to undertake workplace activities. They are involved in mainly routine and repetitive tasks and work under direct supervision of others.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of retail settings including specialty retailers, supermarkets, department stores and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as frontline team member, customer service assistant and point-of-sale operator.
- Engage the customer (SIRXCEG001)
- Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes (SIRXCOM001)
- Work effectively in a service environment (SIRXIND001)
- Organise personal work requirements (SIRXIND003)
- Advise on products and services (SIRXPDK001)
- Identify and respond to security risks (SIRXRSK001)
- Contribute to workplace health and safety (SIRXWHS002)
- Work effectively in a team SIRXCOM002
- Sell to the retail customer SIRXSLS001
- Receive and handle retail stock SIRRINV001
- Organise and maintain the store environment SIRXIND002
- Follow point-of-sale procedures SIRXSLS002